About the company:
This global organisation is looking for an experience Senior Android developer initially for a 5 month contract based in Auckland CBD. This role needs someone who has a genuine interest and passion for mobile development.
Your new role
Your role will see you help to design, maintain, and enhance a core mobile application with a group of other talented developers. You will have experience leading a team and giving technical guidance to others.
- Sound mobile experience – Minimum 5 years native Android development experience, with proven ability to provide technical leadership where required.
- Possess the ability to operate at all levels communicating and collaborating well to solve problems and influence change.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills
- Experience calling RESTful JSON services
- Multi-threaded development and debugging experience (3+ years)
- Experience with unit testing and also, Continuous Integration
- Experience working in Scrum and associated agile techniques
- Knowledge of GIT
- Automated UI test development experience (Espresso)
- Jenkins or similar continuous integration experience
- Knowledge of MVVM or MVP patterns, both preferable
- Experience with open source libraries such as RxJava, Dagger 2, Coroutines
- Android Jetpack experience (LiveData, Data Binding)
- iOS skills are not required however are desirable if you also have them (squads are cross platform and include developers who build iOS, or Android, or both)
What you need to do now
If this role sounds like you then HIT APPLY NOW!!!!