Looking to use your innovative approach to policy in an environment that is focused on empowering and improving the life of New Zealanders?
• World leading policy initiatives
• Permanent opportunity in the Wellington, CBD
• Bring your professional technical skills, diplomacy and compassion to this unique environment
Working at Te Puni Kōkiri is an exciting and fulfilling experience, our colleagues will be able to directly impact and contribute to Māori aspirations and development. Te Puni Kōkiri integrates Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori into our day-to-day work environment which strengthens our values, how we work and our behaviours. Being whānau centred will require colleagues to use their deep understanding and insight of Te Ao Māori to lead and influence key issues for Māori development from strategic policy to implementation, as well as service design and delivery.
As the Senior Advisor you will be contributing to the delivery of outcomes by building strong relationships within the ministry. You will work collaboratively to deliver investments and implementing investment strategy. As part of your role you will be responsible for collating potential investments, defining technical requirements and monitoring contract compliance.
As the key aspect of your role, you will be responsible for the oversight, coordination and response to relevant ministerial servicing requests and the compliance of organizational reporting as required. You will prepare high quality responses to ministerial requests that include peer reviewing and final quality checks to ensure information provided is on time and completed to a high standard. You will be a team player and take satisfaction in supporting your colleagues on projects and engagements as occasion arises.
To be successful in this role, you will most likely have:
• A law degree or equivalent qualification.
• Strong written and proof-reading skills combined with a passion for plain-English documentation.
• An understanding of the machinery of government combined with political awareness and a savvy approach to the public sector.
• In-depth knowledge and working experience responding to OIA requests, parliamentary questions and requests for ministerial briefings.
• A high level of commitment to delivering high quality outputs, maintaining attention to details, whilst pursuing on-time delivery.
• Comfort working in relation to written official correspondence and advice to Ministers would be of benefit.
This is your opportunity to be a part of a meaningful change in a big way while taking your career to the next level!
How to apply and for more information
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please continue by selecting ‘Apply for this job’ in the link above with your CV and Covering Letter. For questions regarding the role contact Tara Frazier at Find Recruitment via email or phone. Contact details provided at the bottom of this advertisement.
Applications close Sunday 25 August 2019 at 11:59PM.