We are currently working with an exceptional opportunity for a Risk Officer to join a Central Auckland based Financial Services organisation.
You will be joining a company who has been an innovator in online trading across the Asia Pacific and American regions. By being a first mover in this growing space, they are now one of the largest players in this market with impressive trading credentials and awards across key stock exchanges. Despite having their Head office in Asia, New Zealand is a central part of the business with many of their overseas based investors registered here. This, combined with the NZ Business having responsibility for Australia, has created a role in their Risk and Compliance team.
- Maintain and adapt a structured and systematic risk framework to ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Facilitate risk identification and risk assessments.
- Establish, monitor and report on the control mechanisms in place and evaluate their effectiveness; implementing improvements when possible or necessary.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to obtain information about customers, including but not limited to AML investigations, Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence, and ad-hoc duties;
- Analysing orders, trade and alert data to detect possible market misconduct and abuse
- Regular reporting to the Senior Management Team on all risk issues.
- Ideally you will bring experience with, and comprehensive knowledge of risk and compliance ideally gained within the capital markets / brokerage sector in New Zealand.
- Proven experience in monitoring and implementing quality Compliance and/or Risk management framework policy content.
- Excellent self-management, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills as well as strong relationship management skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders;
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and an unquestioned ability to manage confidentiality.
Apply now with your CV in Word format for more information. Alternatively, email Chris Martin on Chris.Martin@findrecruitment.co.nz.