Your new company
This well know organization are leaders in their industry. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic Data engineer to join their growing integration and Data team.
Your new role
- Build, maintain and evolve the business intelligence platform, and regularly re-assess the best-of-breed for the requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with Operations and use a shared tool-set (Service Desk) to respond to incidents and manage resolutions.
- Exchange ideas with Operations to understand requirements for monitoring/support. Regularly feedback learnings and ensure that operations are aware of the road-map.
- Follow the Change Management processes to ensure that changes are transparent and adhere to company standards
- Document and maintain a road-map for the supported data flows and technology.
- Ensure monitoring and support procedures are in-place for:
– Incoming and outgoing feeds
– Transformation processes
– Data retention
– Data access permissions
- Experience with OLTP database technologies (My SQL, SQL Server) as well as Data Warehousing solutions (Azure DWH, Redshift)
- Factory 5+ years’ experience with software development, especially scripting languages with Python in particular
- 2+ years’ experience with virtualization and container technologies (VMware, Docker or Rancher)
- Solid understanding of system design and architectural patterns
- Experience in defining data models, problem management and support procedures
- Experience in environments with high transaction and batch processing loads
- Experience in running operational systems and troubleshooting issues under pressure
- Experience with ETL or other data flow management tools (Apache Airflow, SSIS, Azure Data)
- Experience with managing fleets of Linux servers, preferably with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Platform and language agnostic approach in delivering solutions for our customers
- Experience in cloud infrastructure management (AWS, Azure) would be beneficial
Get in touch!
If this sounds like you, hit the apply button and let’s discuss this great opportunity. Note – you must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.