Commercial Vendor Manager
About the company:
My client is a research institute that specialises in science related to people and communities. They work on crucial projects related to people’s health, food-based economies, safety of freshwater & groundwater and forensic science.
About the role:
The Commercial Vendor Manager is first and foremost a relationship manager and process monitor looking after all business relationships and their contractual obligations.
You will play a key role in establishing, negotiating and managing procurement flow from a supplier selection process through to BAU delivery.
In this role you will provide performance reporting and monitoring and go through regular reviews with your vendors to stay on top of all local and global changes.
The role requires a safe pair of hands to develop and maintain an effective operational management, escalation, and governance framework to maintain high standards across multiple business areas.
- 3-5 years professional experience in Procurement, Vendor Management or Supply Chain Management
- Effective contract lifecycle management and negotiation skills
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics
- Demonstrable work experience in strategy sourcing development and execution
- Strong commercial understanding
- Ability to manage priorities in delivery, product demands, and procurement timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Strategic approach managing internal and external relationships
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, total lifecycle cost structures and pricing mechanisms
This role will suit someone with great interpersonal skills, who can identify a strong business relationship vs a weak one. If you are able to read and analyse a situation against the bigger picture and offer a solution – you should apply!
Get in touch!
If this sounds like you, hit the APPLY button and let’s discuss this great opportunity. Note – you must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.