We are seeking talented BA/Testers to join our Financial industry client at varying levels. These positions will be end-to-end from requirements gathering to writing test cases and plans through to test execution.
Located in the Auckland CBD this business is well known and has a fantastic working environment.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Analysis of requirements and development of Test Cases and Test Plans. Including collaboration with System Analysts and Software Developers to compile and write test plans and test cases for a variety of projects and system releases.
- Review business requirements, create and execute test cases, create User Acceptance Tests (UAT), reducing error rates.
- Complete Application Testing and production testing events in a timely manner.
- Track defects from discovery to resolution and document test case completion and failures.
- Aid in creating, running, and maintaining detailed testing scripts to ensure testing repeatability, with forward intent to automate all base testing ultimately allowing QA to focus on new capabilities.
- Excel in finding, documenting, and reporting bugs and other issues.
- Prepare the Requirements Traceability metrics and peer review the test results with the team.
- Use SQL queries to validate data in the backend.
- Perform QA activities.
- Estimate and plan testing activities in collaboration with the project team, including all relevant details of the testing approach and scope and appropriate system regression based on the scope and risk involved.
- Execute test plans and test cases and record results.
- Continuously learn system functionality and use cases from both an IT and business perspective.
- Document defects and collaborate with the team to get to root cause and ensure fixes are correct.
- Produce tracking reports for project defect and testing status.
- Practice and enforce Quality Assurance processes as they apply to the technical testing functions within the established framework.
- Proactively seek additional knowledge by asking questions to ensure test cases strongly reflect expected documented requirements.
- Willingness to cross train across multiple systems.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
1+ years of experience in a Business analyst position
2+ years of experience working as a member of a software testing team.
2+ years of experience with automated testing.
Experience working in an enterprise environment a major plus.
Only candidates with Valid NZ work visa’s, Citizenship or Residencey will be considered.